Wednesday 2 August 2017

Oops! Where did the year go?

This post was written some time ago but only just published

Recently I went on a lovely sewing weekend organised by the ladies at Simply Solids. I went on a similar weekend last year and loved it.


When I got back, I thought "must blog about that" but somehow October started to disappear, and before I know it, I'll be off on my hollibobs.

And that's the reason for coming back here.

My very first blog post was pictures of my holiday at Cortijo Romero, in January, when we awoke one morning to snow. It was when I was looking for photos, that I came across that first post.
Obviously we hadn't expected to be sunbathing, average temperatures are around 15C, but although we were in a mountainous region, snow is rare lower down. It meant that a planned excursion was cancelled as the road was closed. In the UK we moan that 'they're never prepared for snow' imagine how that works in Spain!

Anyway, what have I been doing?
Well I went back to Cortijo Romero - this time on a tree planting week. It was November, the pool was cold, but some hardy souls braved it!


Many, many trees were planted, as part of a community initiative, with a wonderful group of people.


We were really lucky with the weather, warm enough for tee shirts most days.

And the view from my lounger on the final day was just great!


Lots of sewing







I made this bag for my sister - pattern is called Retreat bag


And this one I made for a swap






Some running, as a Christmas present to myself I joined a 5 weeks to 5 k group, and I've 'sort of' kept it up


Lots of driving round the country, and I bought a bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment