Tuesday 1 August 2017

Where does the time go?

This post was written some time last year, but I only just found it!
***************************************************

I fully intended to blog more this year, but time has run away.

But what have I been doing?


I'm trying to lose weight, sticking to low carbs and lots of veg, and cutting out chocolate.

And I've signed up to do a 5 weeks to 5k programme. It's this one
http://toofattorun.co.uk/fiveweeksto5K/

Now let's be honest, I'm nearer to sixty than fifty, haven't exercised properly for years, and have a job that involves being in a car,, parked on motorways for many hours, and then sitting down, again for many hours.  I have a lot of weight to lose, but I'm getting there.

But what's the deal?

I get bored in the gym, the most I can manage is 10 minutes, and I get fed up. I've asked people, and suggestions about 'listen to music' don't work for me. The only thing more boring than being in the gym, is listening to music while doing it. I don't listen to music in the house, I'm not one of those people who have a radio on in the background, I find it irritating.  So being outside is better option,

So where am I up to.

I can't run, I get breathless quickly, but I've been getting out and doing fast walks, interspersed with jogging. (I suspect that my walking speed is faster than my jogging)
Today I managed 4 bursts of running, each over a minute, and consider that to be an achievement. And it was raining.
I can't do 5k in 40 minutes, at the moment I can't do 5k, but I will get there. I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment