Friday 4 August 2017

Catching up: July

Nearly there!

July started with a sewing retreat, again organised by the lovely crew at Simply Solids
This time I gave a lift to Sue, who happened to be the person I'd made the secret sewer gifts for this time.  I'm keen, but not proficient, so it was a bit odd.


 I made this little purse using a Jelly clip frame.  I'd never made one before, and the glueing was a bit 'Blue Peter'










Sue does a lot of knitting, so I made her a pouch for her knitting things

And finally I made a Stash and Dash Organiser



There was a parkrun nearby, so a few of us did that on the Saturday morning!  I only managed one lap, Yorkshire has far too many hills!



I can't find the photos of my swap gifts. Here are 2 of them, a pouch with a really amazing heavy weight unpicker, and some bunting. But there was also a mini quilt, I know I took a photo of it, but can't find it on this computer.


What else happened in July?

J graduated from Liverpool John Moores University.

They picked up the caps and gowns at a building near to the Metropolitan Cathedral, where we met up with his friends and then walked to the Anglican Cathedral.
I don't think I've been there for a service since school - although I've been for a few school reunions.


I accidentally took a photo of myself!

And J took a selfie of us!


 I also went running a fair bit - including this one in Runcorn.

How's that for a view of the new bridge?

And I finished all the hand piecing on my Patchwork of the Crosses!




No comments:

Post a Comment