Wednesday 26 March 2014

Budgeteering again

Working with cash is REALLY working for me, and making me think about what I'm spending a bit more.
So for the last 2 months, I've been sticking with taking out money and seeing how long it lasts, rather than having a budget, which I tend to look at as something I need to reach.
At the start of March I drew £100, and only took more money out when I needed it. I do have a figure in mind, for what my budget is, and as of now I still have £100 left of that, so quite pleased.

I've previously said how much I like shopping in the local market, and am really looking forward to the fact that I'm working from home on Friday so can go and pick up some bargains.

Speaking of which, in the 'you get what you pay for' stakes, these spuds are winners.  Now, I know that you should be able to keep root veg for ages, but I've never managed it with shop bought stuff. 



Just before Christmas I got a veg box from my favourite farm shop Kenyons Hall Farm and put the root veg, as usual into open baskets, and the spuds into a hessian bag. I thought I'd used them all, and then found them right at the bottom, still very useable.

Although, I have spent money on fabric. From charity shops, so does that count?



1 comment:

  1. I regard items obtained from charity shops as charitable support, not shopping (well, that's the excuse I use).

    ReplyDelete