Wednesday 28 May 2014

Vintage inspired blouse



Although I've altered a few things to fit, and have made a couple of tops, they've been simple vest tops to wear with suit jackets, and I was inspired by Beth at Liverpool Sewing Club to look at bluegingerdoll.

The patterns are easy for beginners, although some knowledge is needed if you have to make adjustments, but there are very good instructions and some sew-a-longs on the blog.

I was inspired by this material that I'd spotted in a shop in Wadebridge



Having purchased the pattern, the next thing to do was put it together. This is something like a giant jigsaw puzzle!



The finished blouse



Finished off with some covered buttons




I had to fiddle about with the facing and the darts a bit - my plus size shape is difficult to cater for - but I'm quite pleased with the understitching on the facing. I've never tried it before, and it gave a really neat finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment