Saturday 10 May 2014

100 Happy Days

Lots of people are taking part in the 100 Happy Days Challenge, and I've loved looking at the photos, even those who gave up after a while (you know who you are!)
But I never thought of doing it myself...

Until Wednesday, when this happened 


Now, I know, it's just a photo of a light switch,but it absolutely made my day!

Why, you may ask?
I stay in hotels a fair bit for work,and some are lovely, some are OK, and others are your standard Premier Inn, nothing special, but you know what you're getting.  But one thing they all have in common is that the light switches wind me up!

I'll explain. You know how you have a bank of switches, and some lights can be turned on in two different places? So, for example, in my house, I can switch the landing light on at the bottom of the stairs, or the top. BUT, and here's the important thing, if all the switches are 'OFF' then all the lights must be OFF too.
In hotels, this rarely happens. There's usually a bank of switches by the door, more by the bed, and often switches elsewhere in the room, and no matter how I try, I can't get them to work in tandem. No doubt there's a clever reason, but I don't know what it is.

And finally, on Wednesday, checking out of the hotel, it happened! The switches all matched. You've no idea how happy that made me. No really, you haven't. I danced round the room, and had to take a couple more photos.  


They're boring photos to anyone else, but absolutely made my day! 
And after all it's what it's all about. What makes ME happy.





2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness - I thought it was just me! I've had MrEH running around hotel rooms in the past trying to make all the switches "right" - and you're quite correct, it hardly ever works properly! Does it annoy you when people pull plugs out without turning the switch off, too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they're not doing anything, switches should be off. It's all my colleagues talk about;hotels and service stations. Glamorous life!

    ReplyDelete