Sunday 31 October 2021

Nearly 3 weeks

 Today is day 20. Which is further than I thought I’d get.

Things I’ve learned so far 

1. You don’t need to wash things every day. Underwear, yes. Socks, yes. Everything else, not a chance. 

I washed my dress for the first time after 10 days. Not because it needed it, but because I was going away for a sewing weekend, so thought it the ideal opportunity.


It didn’t need washing, I’d spot washed any spills, and generally it was ok.

2. People either don’t notice, or are too polite to comment. Admittedly, I work from home and have been wearing the same 4 tops in rotation for eighteen months, but people genuinely don’t remember what you wore yesterday.

I went on a sewing retreat and wore my dress each day., I just swapped out scarves and jewellery.

3. I like not having to think about what to wear. Fancy dress party? Add a black scarf and a witches hat.

If I stick with it, I’ll still be doing this challenge at Christmas. And combining it with a fun exercise challenge, so elf and sparkly headbands will probably be worn.



4. Why did we go to mass manufactured synthetic fabrics? Probably because having a few items that were worn in rotation didn’t help big business.



No comments:

Post a Comment