Monday 18 October 2021

End of week 1

 A whole week of wearing the same dress.

I’ve started to think about the logistics of washing/drying it and have had some great advice. But, actually, one of the things that struck me was thinking about it in a historical context. Even as recently as the 50’s and 60’s most people didn’t constantly wash clothes. They were generally made of natural fibres and were worn more than once. Cotton shirts etc were washed and dried at the weekend, and woollen clothing was probably just pressed.

My school skirt was wool, and I’m fairly certain it never got washed. It was hung out on the line, and the pleats pressed every Sunday night.


There’s a Facebook group for this challenge and lots of people are really imaginative, but I think I’m #teambasic. Just put the dress on, and figure the rest out.

So far, I’m liking not having to make choices, and the amount of washing has definitely shrunk.

Some photos from this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment