Friday 30 October 2020

Quote hoops

 I’ve often looked at the embroidered quotes on Pinterest and Instagram, and though I loved them, thought I wasn’t neat enough (or patient enough)

But then I found Little Light Stitchery and discovered a simpler way of doing things.

Nicky uses a very simple font in her work which is quite effective. I initially bought a few hoops from her Etsy shop, but have since made 7 hoops!

Some using her kits, others using her ideas as inspiration. I love this very simple one, and I think I’ve got similar fabric 

One of the things she does is use a ‘whipped back stitch’ which gives a nice finish, and smooths out curves.

Last night, she did as Instagram live thing and I realised that she also is really, really careful how she does things.

I’m more ‘BodgeIt & Scarper’, so, for example,I like to get to the end of the word and don’t look at how individual letters look.

There’s a mini sew along, so I thought I’d join in.

I only had 4” hoops and a couple of 10” ones, so tiny was the way to go

First job, do the writing. I can’t find my light box, and couldn’t be bothered faffing round with boxes and torches to trace anything, so decided to just ‘do my best writing’. It looks ok as writing, bot not so sure of the results once stitched.


Hmmm, not that neat. And also, song a cursive script means you really have to finish each word, rather than individual letters. Which makes it hard to do the whipping round the backstitch, so I think I’ll probably not bother.

Today is day 2, so the second word needed to be done. As I was awake at stupid o’clock this morning, I’ve cracked on, and also done some very simple Christmas ones.

Now I need to buy some more hoops. 

Really looking forward to seeing Nicky’s new website to see what she’s got.

1 comment:

  1. You constantly surprise me - not with your impatience but with your steady reluctance and then bam, that's it, you're on it. Just when I think I've got you figured out, you try something new. It's fab - from Diane W because I can't be doing with logging in to blogger. My blog has the same issue I think with disqus

    ReplyDelete